Moodie tops Tigers for second straight year; Heath wins Cyclone feature
GROVETON, N.H. — Dylan Laleme captured the three-segment Street Stock event at the Fall Brawl at Speedway 51 in thrilling fashion on Sunday afternoon.
The Bethlehem, N.H. youngster posted finish of sixth and second in the first two segments to sit tied for third overall with eight points, three points back of Brandon Lanphear and two points back of Brandon Gray.
In the final segment, Laleme would exit turn four coming to the checkered flag when Gray and Kristian Switser would make contact. The two would make contact with Laleme, who would slam the turn four wall and begin to roll down the frontstretch.
Although Stephen Martin would slip by and take the segment win, Laleme would roll across the line to finish second in the final segment and claim the overall win.
Martin, of Craftsbury, Vt., finished second overall after he posted two segment wins with a ninth place segment one finish. Switser, of North Haverhill, N.H., finished third overall with Gray, of East Thetford, Vt., fourth. Lanphear of Morrisville, Vt., completed the top-five overall finishers.
Daredevil champion Kasey Beattie, Street Stock champion Bunker Hodgdon, Jacob Perry, Josh Poirier, and Justin Blakely finished sixth through tenth overall.
Brendan Moodie capped his second Tiger Sportsman championship at Speedway 51 with his second straight win in the Fall Brawl.
Moodie posted finishes of second, third, and second in the three-segment event.
Stephen Donahue of Graniteville finished second with 11 points while Late Model standout Brad Babb of Windham, Maine finished third overall with 12 points. Jason Woodard and Travis Calkins finished fourth and fifth, respectively, with 13 points. Jaden Perry, Colby Bourgeois, Matt Morrill, Colin Cornell, and Justin Eldridge completed the top-ten overall finishers.
Jamie Heath of Waterford, Maine won the 35-lap Northeast Cyclone feature that was run on Saturday evening.
Mike McKinney of Berlin, N.H. finished second with Jon Savage of Whitefield, N.H. third. Chris Ouellette and Matt Mason completed the top-five finishers with sixth through tenth Charlie Hall, Alex Theroux, Jason Kenison, Bobby Bell, and Nathan Biggart.
Cooper French of Northfield, Vt. won the two-segment Daredevil feature over Jared Plumley and Kailie French.
Todd Derrington of Littleton, N.H. won the Pure Stock feature over Chris Ouellette and Travis Moulton.
UNOFFICIAL RESULTS — Perras Ace/Bruno’s Pizza Fall Brawl
Speedway 51, Groveton, N.H.
Saturday/Sunday, October 8/9, 2016
Tiger Sportsman (3 x 30 laps)
1. Brendan Moodie, Wolcott, Vt. — 7 pts
2. Stephen Donahue, Graniteville, Vt. — 11 pts
3. Brad Babb, Windham, Maine — 12 pts
4. Jason Woodard, Waterbury Center, Vt. — 13 pts
5. Travis Calkins, Danville, Vt. — 13 pts
6. Jaden Perry, Hardwick, Vt. — 15 pts
7. Colby Bourgeois, St. Johnsbury, Vt. — 21 pts
8. Matt Morrill, Moultonboro, N.H. — 21 pts
9. Colin Cornell, East Burke, Vt. — 26 pts
10. Justin Eldridge, Ossipee, N.H. — 30 pts
Street Stocks (3 x 20 laps)
1. Dylan Laleme, Bethlehem, N.H. — 10 pts
2. Stephen Martin, Craftsbury, Vt. — 11 pts
3. Kristian Switser, North Haverhill, N.H. — 11 pts
4. Brandon Gray, East Thetford, Vt. — 12 pts
5. Brandon Lanphear, Morrisville, Vt. — 12 pts
6. Kasey Beattie, St. Johnsbury, Vt. — 15 pts
7. Bunker Hodgdon, Wolcott, Vt. — 17 pts
8. Jacob Perry, Hardwick, Vt. — 24 pts
9. Josh Poirier, Enosburg Falls, Vt. — 25 pts
10. Justin Blakely, Barre, Vt. — 29 pts
Cyclones (35 laps)
1. Jamie Heath, Waterford, Maine
2. Mike McKinney, Berlin, N.H.
3. Jon Savage, Whitefield, N.H.
4. Chris Ouellette, Milan, N.H.
5. Matt Mason, Groveton, N.H.
6. Charlie Hall, Oxford, Maine
7. Alex Theroux, Lyndonville, Vt.
8. Jason Kenison, Groveton, N.H.
9. Bobby Bell, St. Johnsbury, Vt.
10. Nathan Biggart, Milan, N.H.
Daredevils (2 x 15 laps)
1. Cooper French, Northfield, Vt. — 3 pts
2. Josh Plumley, Guildhall, Vt. — 4 pts
3. Kailie French, Northfield, Vt. — 5 pts
Pure Stocks (18 laps)
1. Todd Derrington, Littleton, N.H.
2. Chris Ouellette, Milan, N.H.
3. Travis Moulton, East Charleston, Vt.
PHOTO: Dylan Laleme crosses under the checkered flag on his room, but earned a second place finish in that segment to give him the overall win on Sunday afternoon at Speedway 51. (Alan Ward photo)