MONTMAGNY, Quebec – Jean-Francois Dery ended the Serie ACT Quebec season with his second straight victory on Saturday night at Autodrome Montmagny as Patrick Laperle claimed his fourth championship.
Dery started in the 14th spot and took the lead late in the 100-lap season finale after leader Jonathan Bouvrette suffered a mechanical issue and other lead cars Dany Trepanier and Michael Lavoie tangled.
The Quebec, Que., driver was able to rebound from a midrace penalty for an incident that involved championship contender Donald Theetge.
The win for Dery was the 11th of his Serie ACT career, which ties him for fourth on the all-times wins list with fellow former series champions Karl Allard and Alex Labbe.
Laperle finished second to clinch his fourth championship.
The St-Denis, Que., driver entered the event with a 15-point advantage over Theetge and extended it by one marker entering the feature race. Laperle led early before he gave way to Theetge.
As Theetge led, he would stay close and saw Theetge involved in an incident with race-winner Dery.
Laperle than followed race leader and defending series champion Dany Trepanier until Bouvrette moved his way through the field and to the lead following a lap 84 restart.
Theetge, of Boischatel, Que., rebounded from his spin to finish third with Marc-Andre Cliché fourth. Simon Roussin completed the top-five finishers.
Patrick Cliché, Claude Leclerc, Patrick Boyer, Patrick Boucher, and Michael Lavoie finished sixth through tenth, respectively.
Bouvrette and Trepanier finished 11th and 12th, respectively.
The fourth championship for Laperle extends his series lead. It is Laperle’s fifth overall American-Canadian Tour championship after he won the ACT Late Model Tour crown in 2008. It is his first championship since 2012.
Many of the Serie ACT Quebec drivers will travel to New Hampshire Motor Speedway for the eighth Bond Auto ACT Invitational. The next ACT Late Model Tour event will take place at Beech Ridge Motor Speedway on Sunday, September 17 for the Fall Foliage 200.
UNOFFICIAL RESULTS – Montmagny 100
Serie ACT Quebec Late Models
Autodrome Montmagny, Montmagny, Quebec
Saturday, September 3, 2016
1. (14) Jean-Francois Dery, Quebec, Que.
2. (1) Patrick Laperle, St-Denis, Que.
3. (2) Donald Theetge, Boischatel, Que.
4. (11) Marc-Andre Cliché, Beauce, Que.
5. (13) Simon Roussin, Quebec, Que.
6. (6) Patrick Cliché, Levis, Que.
7. (17) Claude Leclerc, Lanoarie, Que.
8. (5) Patrick Boyer, Quebec, Que.
9. (7) Patrick Boucher, St-Marthe, Que.
10. (4) Michael Lavoie, Saguenay, Que.
11. (3) Jonathan Bouvrette, Blainville, Que.
12. (9) Dany Trepanier, St-Edouard, Que.
13. (24) Eric Gagnon, Laval, Que.
14. (10) Marco Bilodeau, Vallee-Jonction, Que.
15. (22) Christophe Paquette,
16. (16) Jean Bilodeau, St-Henri, Que.
17. (12) Martin Goulet Jr., Mascouche, Que.
18. (21) Carl Poulin, East Broughton, Que.
19. (15) Gaetan Longtin, St-Alexis, Que.
20. (8) Daniel Bergeron, Mirabel, Que.
21. (18) Jeremy Dube, Quebec, Que.
22. (19) Gaetan Gaudreault, Quebec, Que.
23. (20) Jacques Poulin, East Broughton, Que.
24. (23) Samuel Charland, Victoriaville, Que.
1 – JF Dery celebrates his second straight Serie ACT Quebec win on Saturday night at Autodrome Montmagny. (Guy Laroche photo)
2 – Patrick Laperle and his family-led team celebrate their fourth Serie ACT championship on Saturday night at Autodrome Montmagny. (Guy Laroche photo)