Stoehr tops NEMA Midgets; Moodie draws even with Tiger win
GROVETON, N.H. – Brad Bushey earned his first career North Country Ford Late Model win on Saturday night at Speedway 51.
The Cambridge, Vt. driver grabbed the win in the first 20-lap segment and then ran back to a third place finish in the second 20-lap segment.
Bushey’s low score edged out division point leader Derek Ming of West Burke, Vt. Last week’s mid-season championship winner Shawn Swallow of Stark, N.H. finished third overall with Mike Bailey of South Barre and Mike Kenison of Lancaster, N.H. completing the top-five finishers.
Brendan Moodie of Wolcott, Vt. grabbed his fourth overall feature win of the season in the two-segment Sign Depot Tiger Sportsman event.
The win for Moodie allowed him to draw event for the point lead. Doug Crowingshield of Barre, Vt. finished second overall with point leader Joel Hodgdon of Craftsbury, Vt. third overall. Quebec driver Mike Giroux and Bill Stebbins Jr. of Pittsburgh, N.H. finished fourth and fifth.
Jared Plumley of Guildhall, Vt. won the two-segment Schweppes Street Stock feature event.
The win for Plumley was his second of the season and his first since opening day.
Plumley finshed ahead of Groveton, N.H. driver Jason Kenison with point leader Bunker Hodgdon of Hardwick, Vt. third. Dylan Laleme and Jesse Switser completed the top-five finishers.
Evan Hallstrom of Northfield, Vt. grabbed his second A.B. Excavating Dare Devil feature win over Kyle LaBounty, Kasey Beattie, Kallie French, and Garrett LaBounty.
Avery Stoehr of Lakeville, Mass., won the 25-lap Northeastern Midget Association feature over John Zych Jr. and Jim Chambers. Multi-time series champion Randy Cabral and Seth Carlson completed the top-five finishers.
Danny Cugini of Marhsfield, Mass., won the 25-lap NEMA Lite feature over Chambers, P.J. Stergios, Ben Mikitarian, and Jake Stergios.
The Northeast Mini Stock Tour will visit Speedway 51 on Saturday, August 6 along with a regular racing card. Post time is set for 5:30pm.
UNOFFICIAL RESULTS – DK & Sons Night
Speedway 51, Groveton, N.H.
Saturday, July 30, 2016
North Country Ford Late Models (2 x 20 laps)
1. Brad Bushey, Cambridge, Vt.
2. Derek Ming, West Burke, Vt.
3. Shawn Swallow, Stark, N.H.
4. Mike Bailey, South Barre, Vt.
5. Mike Kenison, Lancaster, N.H.
Sign Depot Tiger Sportsman (2 x 18 laps)
1. Brendan Moodie, Wolcott, Vt.
2. Doug Crowningshield, Barre, Vt.
3. Joel Hodgdon, Craftsbury, Vt.
4. Mike Giroux, North Hatley, Que.
5. Bill Stebbins Jr., Pittsburgh, N.H.
Schweppes Street Stocks (2 x 15 laps)
1. Jared Plumley, Guildhall, Vt.
2. Jason Kenison, Groveton, N.H.
3. Bunker Hodgdon, Hardwick, Vt.
4. Dylan Laleme, Bethlehem, N.H.
5. Jesse Switser, West Burke, Vt.
NEMA Midgets (25 laps)
1. Avery Stoehr, Lakeville, Mass.
2. John Zych Jr., Mendon, Mass.
3. Jim Chambers, Atkinson, N.H.
4. Randy Cabral, Plymouth, Mass.
5. Seth Carlson, Brimfield, Conn.
NEMA Lites (25 laps)
1. Danny Cugini, Marshfield, Mass.
2. Jim Chambers, Atkinson, N.H.
3. P.J. Stergios, Candia, N.H.
4. Ben Mikitarian, Northborough, Mass.
5. Jake Stergios, Candia, N.H.
A.B. Excavating Dare Devils (12laps)
1. Evan Hallstrom, Northfield, Vt.
2. Kyle LaBounty, Irasburg, Vt.
3. Kasey Beattie, St. Johnsbury, Vt.
4. Kallie French, Northfield, Vt.
5. Garrett LaBounty, Irasburg, Vt.
PHOTO:Brad Bushey (#57) topped Derek Ming (#5) on Saturday night at Speedway 51 for his first career Late Model win. Also seen is Mike Bailey (#2). (Alan Plummer photo)