WENTWORTH, N.H. – Derek O’Hearn and Tim Churchill split the Peanut’s Auto Sportsman Modified feature wins on Friday night at Legion Speedway.
O’Hearn, of Bristol, N.H., claimed the win in the May 6 make-up Sportsman Modified feature while Chuchill, of Lincoln, N.H., picked up the checkered flag victory in the regularly scheduled Sportsman Modified feature.
O’Hearn jumped to the front early in the first event and then held off multiple challenges from former track champion Ryan Avery to claim the win. Avery, of Campton, N.H., finished second with Ricky Sanville third. Jason Sanville and Robbie Williams completed the top-five finishers.
In the nightcap, Churchill used a pole position start to his advantage and stayed out in front through multiple restarts to claim the win. Tim Hodge of Vershire, Vt. finished second with Williams third. O’Hearn and Jason Sanville completed the top-five finishers.
J.P. Vaillancourt of Plymouth, N.H. grabbed his second straight Petro Mart of Enfield Super Street feature win. Vaillancourt worked his way to the front of the field on the outside and then held on through multiple late race restarts. Tim Martin of White River Junction was second with Doug Boucher, Scott Heath, and Bob Crawford completing the top-five finishers.
Kurt Whiting of Ossipee, N.H. held off Aaron Bunker to claim the win in the Enfield Garage Outlaw Mini Stock May 6 make-up feature. Bunker, of Newport, N.H., finished second with Shane LaBraney, Matt Boucher, and Sean Lantas third through fifth, respectively.
Mike Lique would claim the regularly scheduled Outlaw Mini Stock feature win after he claimed the lead early in the event from a fourth place starting spot. Lique would be chased to the checkered flag by Bunker with Boucher third. Rich Willey Jr. and Jonathan Baker completed the top-five finishers.
Tanner Siemons won the 500cc Granite State Mini Sprint feature over Brent Warren and Joe Kemp while Kyle Belliveau won the 600cc Granite State Mini Sprint feature over Johnny Scarborough and John Mills.
The O’Reilly Twilight Racing Challenge continues on Friday, May 27 at 7:00pm with a visit from the Sprint Cars of New England.
UNOFFICIAL RESULTS – O’Reilly Auto Parts Twilight Racing Challenge
Legion Speedway, Wentworth, N.H.
Friday, May 20, 2016
Peanut’s Auto Sportsman Modified (20 laps – 5/6 makeup)
1. Derek O’Hearn, Bristol, N.H.
2. Ryan Avery, Campton, N.H.
3. Ricky Sanville, Canaan, N.H.
4. Jason Sanville, Grafton, N.H.
5. Robbie Williams, Campton, N.H.
Peanut’s Auto Sportsman Modified (20 laps)
1. Tim Churchill, Lincoln, N.H.
2. Tim Hodge, Vershire, Vt.
3. Robbie Williams, Enfield, N.H.
4. Derek O’Hearn, Bristol, N.H.
5. Jason Sanville, Grafton, N.H.
Petro Mart of Enfield Super Streets (20 laps)
1. J.P. Vaillancourt, Plymouth, N.H.
2. Tim Martin, White River Junction, Vt.
3. Doug Boucher, Grafton, N.H.
4. Scott Heath, Warren, N.H.
5. Bob Crawford, Groton, N.H.
Enfield Garage Outlaw Mini Stocks (20 laps – 5/6 makeup)
1. Kurt Whiting, Ossipee, N.H.
2. Aaron Bunker, Newport, N.H.
3. Shane LaBraney, Franklin, N.H
4. Matt Boucher, Grafton, N.H.
5. Sean Lantas, Newport, N.H.
Enfield Garage Outlaw Mini Stocks (20 laps)
1. Mike Lique, West Lebanon, N.H.
2. Aaron Bunker, Newport, N.H.
3. Matt Boucher, Grafton, N.H.
4. Rich Willey Jr., Warner, N.H.
5. Jonathan Baker, Plymouth, N.H.
500cc Granite State Mini Sprints (20 laps)
1. Tanner Siemons, Orford, N.H.
2. Brent Warren, Salisbury, N.H.
3. Joe Kemp, Leicester, Vt.
600cc Granite State Mini Sprints (20 laps)
1. Kyle Bellieveau, Hopkinton, N.H.
2. Johnny Scarborough, Brandon, Vt.
3. John Mills
PHOTO: Derek O’Hearn (#82) and Tim Churchill (#66) split the Legion Speedway Sportsman Modified features wins on Friday night. (Alan Ward photo)