ST-EUSTACHE, Quebec – Patrick Laperle went flag-to-flag on Sunday afternoon at Autodrome St-Eustache to claim his 20th career Serie ACT Quebec Late Model win.
The St-Denis, Que. driver started on the pole position and quickly established himself as the leader. A flurry of yellow flags – five in the first 25 laps – gave second place starter and defending series champion Dany Trepanier many opportunities to challenge Laperle, but Laperle proved to be too strong.
One final restart came on lap 52 of the 100-lap event, but Laperle once again sped out to the lead.
Trepanier, of St-Edouard, Que., planted himself on Laperle’s rear bumper for most of the race and finished second. Donald Theetge of Boischatel ,Que. drove from a 17th place starting spot on the flat 4/10-mile oval to finish third. Simon Roussin of Quebec, Que. and Daniel Bergeron or Mirabel, Que. completed the top-five finishers.
Dave Coursol, Gaetan Longtin, Claude Leclerc, Charles Harvey, and Patrick Boucher finished sixth through tenth, respectively.
The Serie ACT Quebec Late Model teams travel to Autodrome Chaudiere in Vallee-Jonction, Que. for a 150-lap event on Saturday, May 28.
UNOFFICIAL RESULTS – Late Model 100
Serie ACT Quebec – Autodrome St-Eustache, St-Eustache, Que.
Sunday, May 22, 2016
1. (1) Patrick Laperle, St-Denis, Que.
2. (2) Dany Trepanier, St-Edouard, Que.
3. (17) Donald Theetge, Boischatel, Que.
4. (15) Simon Roussin, Quebec, Que.
5. (8) Daniel Bergeron, Mirabel, Que.
6. (10) Dave Coursol, St-Jerome, Que.
7. (6) Gaetan Longtin, Chateauguay, Que.
8. (7) Claude Leclerc, Lanoarie, Que.
9. (12) Charles Harvey, Terrebonne, Que.
10. (14) Patrick Boucher, Ste-Marthe, Que.
11. (5) Jonathan Bouvrette, Blainville, Que.
12. (13) Jean Bilodeau, St-Henri, Que.
13. (3) Jean-Francois Dery, Quebec, Que.
14. (16) Stephane Charland, Roxboro, Que.
15. (4) Martin Goulet Jr., Mascouche, Que.
16. (11) Jean-Pierre Ouimet, Terrebonne, Que.
17. (9) Michel Groleau, Laval, Que.
PHOTO: Patrick Laperle, seen here at Airborne Park Speedway, captured the win on Sunday afternoon at Autodrome St-Eustache. (VMM file photo)